Can You Pass This Month’s Test on Homelessness?
Despite efforts to educate our nearby communities about homelessness, misinformation abounds. C’mon, truth trumps error, doesn’t it?
Is the City of Santa Monica homeless friendly? Can most the West Side’s unsheltered population survive on SSI and other government benefits? How rampant is illegal drug use among the unhoused?
The questions in this month’s Quick Quiz address these and other topics. Ready? Let’s see how homeless savvy you really are.
1. Some living on Santa Monica streets tell West Side Homeless Outreach that police are increasingly “moving homeless people along.”
2. Most west Los Angeles County homeless people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and other government aid don’t need additional help.
3. West Side Homeless Outreach needs monetary donations more than it needs donated items.
4. If a homeless man or woman abuses alcohol or drugs, West Side Homeless Outreach won’t try to help that person.
For the ANSWERS, please click here. West L.A. County homeless people need your assistance more than ever. You can help us help them. West Side Homeless Outreach is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) charity, so your donations are completely tax deductible. Individuals, families, companies and other groups are among our biggest backers. To become one of our valued supporters, click on donate. Thank you for your generous support. The West Side Homeless Outreach blogshares insights about homelessness everyone should know. Visit it today!
1. Is the average age of west L.A. County’s homeless population increasing? If so, how quickly?
2. What books do the homeless people WSHO serves like to read?
Click here for the answer.
©2014 West Side Homeless Outreach, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
To survive the streets and become permanently rehoused, local homeless people need assistance. Fortunately, because of generous supporters, West Side Homeless Outreach provides help.